Candace Heady from Harrod & Associates is working diligently this month to finalize payments to member stations. If your station has any outstanding invoices for buys placed prior to March 31, 2016 please remit those as soon as possible to Candace’s attention: email@example.com.
We will be closing the KART accounts on July 31st. Any unpaid invoices as of that date will need to be collected directly by the individual station(s). If you have questions please call Candace Heady at (502) 695-7300 or Dale Thornhill at (270) 846-0222.
It’s coming this October!! It’s a must for all radio/television broadcasters across Kentucky. The Kentucky Broadcasters Association invites you to come to the Sloan Convention Center in Bowling Green, Kentucky this fall, October 10-11! Just like last year in Lexington, you pay nothing for registration which includes several meals, plus the KBA picks up your two night stay at the Holiday Inn connected to our convention site, the Sloan Convention Center. There is literally no reason for you not to be with your KBA friends in Bowling Green as Derron Steenbergen, this year’s chairman of the fall conference, has orchestrated two days of programs that touch every radio and TV station in the Commonwealth.
Here are just a few of the highlights:
- Stations (not just TV stations) are making thousands of dollars with their website, texting, email etc. You’ll hear from one of our KBA members in a very small market. This is not just selling banner ads!
- Here in the fall, we’ll hear how to make our play by play of high school football and upcoming basketball games come “alive” as we huddle with the radio voice of the Cats, Tom Leach!
- Engineering for TV and radio. Plenty of time for Q&A with members of the Society of Broadcast Engineering. We’ll hear about what radio folks need to know as the new “television” rules on spectrum space come to fruition. Are you ready for the possibility of moving your FM antenna located on a television tower?
- How the new Labor Regulations from Washington may hit your bottom line! This a must to see and hear! This is new to all of us and it kicks in December 1st, 2016!!! Don’t get “fined” by the Department of Labor!!
- What’s the latest from the FCC? Dawn Sciarrino, attorney with the KBA for 20 years, anchors this seminar. Bring your FCC questions with you for there will be plenty of time for Q&A.
- If this doesn’t rev you up, how about a boat ride in Lost River Cave? Or, how about a round a golf on Monday October 10th the day before our opening session with seminars? There’s always a tour of the Corvette museum in Bowling Green.
THIS IS THE KBA’S 75TH BIRTHDAY! Chairman Steenbergen has asked all former living chairwomen and chairmen to come to the fall conference in Bowling Green. All of those broadcast leaders have great memories of what our industry was like during their time of leading the KBA. There will be a special reception/recognition where former leaders will be asked to wear formal attire (tuxedo for men and full dress for women). If the former leaders do not have formal attire, the KBA is asking men to wear a suit and former chairwomen to wear a dress.
Registration for the 75th Annual KBA Conference is now open. We want to see YOU in Bowling Green, October 10-11, 2016 at the Sloan Conference Center. Remember, you must register through the KBA. Membership does have its benefits. Registration and lodging is complimentary to all KBA members. Deadline to register is September 1, 2016. For more information, please contact Karen Mucci at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After many days searching through some 40 applications and tirelessly interviewing 15 candidates (which were all top notch) over the past three months, we of the KBA are proud to welcome Karen Blackwell Mucci (Moo-see), our new Director of Member Services. Karen is a resident of Frankfort, KY. Formerly, she was the Corporate Relations/ Exhibit/ Publication/ Training and Technical Assistance Manager with the American Probation and Parole Association in Lexington, KY. She is well-versed in planning local, state, national and international meetings and events as well as handling different membership levels. She has worked in the event planning and member services field for over fifteen years. Her experience spans both the non-profit and government sectors.
Karen is a graduate of Eastern Kentucky University with degrees in Psychology and Corrections and Juvenile Justice Studies. In addition, she holds a degree in Organizational Management from Midway University. She is a member of the International Association of Meetings and Events and the National Association of Professional Women. In her spare time, she enjoys attending antique auctions, horse shows, and spending time with her family. Karen is married to John Mucci and has two children, Haylee and Will. Karen says she is, “honored and delighted to be a part of such a fine organization and looks forward to working with television and radio broadcasters across the Commonwealth of Kentucky.”
Karen’s official start date is July 1, 2016.
Please join us in welcoming Karen Blackwell Mucci!