It is with great sadness, that the KBA informs you that Nolan Kenner, legendary Kentucky broadcaster passed away on Thursday, October 12, 2017. He was surrounded by his family. For many years, Kenner ran WSFC-WSEK radio in Somerset, Kentucky. In 2001, he received the Al Temple Award for his outstanding contributions to the association. Additionally, he was inducted into the Kentucky Mic- Hall of Fame. He will be greatly missed.
“We of the KBA are certainly saddened at the loss of our good friend Nolan Kenner. Nolan served the KBA in so many different ways and had so so many friends. He was quite a professional in every way including his service to our country in the US Navy. We will certainly miss Nolan in all the KBA activities and his contribution to the field of radio broadcasting. We along with his family celebrate Nolan’s life. We of the KBA will sorely miss him in every way. ”
Check out the KBA Facebook page for 2017 Conference photos.
The Kentucky Broadcasters Association will reimburse broadcast stations licensed to a community in the Commonwealth of Kentucky and KBA members for NAB Show, Small Market Television Exchange, Country Radio Seminar and NAB/RAB Radio Show up to the annually approved amounts. Reimbursement amounts are approved by the Board of Directors at the Fall Board Meeting for the following year.
Approved Reimbursements for 2017:
* Country Radio Seminar – Registration Fee Only
* NAB Show, Las Vegas – Up to $1,000 per attendee
* RAB/NAB Radio Show, Austin TX – Up to $750 per attendee
* Small Market Television Exchange – Up to $1,000 per attendee
1. Reimbursement is to be submitted after the conference.
2. All reimbursements must be received within 60 days of the last day of the conference.
3. Each reimbursement must include the reimbursement form and applicable receipts (up to the approved amount.)
Reimbursable expenses include:
4. Each reimbursement must include a copy of the attendee’s name badge from the conference.
The KBA has produced a 2017 membership directory. Directories are available online and a hard copy will be available soon.
To access the online directory, visit kba.org and click on the Member Directory tab. The password is kba@directory17.